Friday, April 8, 2011

Gluten Free Cupcakes - YUM!

Recently I struggled with recipes for making gluten free cupcakes.  Usually the cake had a gritty after taste and the texture left much to be desired. 

Then I found Silvana Nardone's all-purpose flour blend, which contains white rice flour, tapicoa flour, potato starch, sale and xanthum gum.  In her book Cooking for Isaiah  she has captured the essence of good taste with gluten free cooking. 

In my daily food diet I do not require gluten free meals, but I have discovered that it is very politically correct to offer gluten free whenever possible. 

This picture is from her Strawberry Cupcake with Strawberry Frosting recipe.  Using her flour recipe the cupcakes come out moist and delicious.  This receipe also calls for strawberry puree which is easy to make with a food processor. 

The frosting recipe uses shortening, as her book is also dairy free, but I chose to use a strawberry cream cheese frosting.  Topping it off with chocolate, made is a cupcake to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment